Monday, June 21, 2010

Redemption


Forgive the evil I done, I been a broken knife to a bleeding woman/ And hear my confession, I been choking the Ghost of the Holy Son. And I don't want redemption, for this wickedness brought my ascension...and I don't know what more I could mention// I, I'm filled with shame, I took revenge just to kill my pain. And I will reject your love again - for my twisted, putrid passion// Left the ranch and I walked into town/ open eyes they crowd around/ a broken man and a knife on the ground, my shoes track blood without a sound and it's jail for murder and the trial's set/ police find her body all ripped and wet/ him lyin' there all bloody and bare, how do I plead? I say I don't care - cause I do not want redemption, for this wickedness brought my ascension// You see my child? Cause he's orphaned now, sulfur tears flood my drought/ jury speaks I'm convicted quick, judge says death to a crowd lickin' their lips// Cause I do not want redemption, for this wickedness brought my ascension// And life, life's finished and begun with a broken knife and a bleeding woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment