Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fire inside


My songwriting process evolves as new things become commonplace.
I suppose it is time I learn one never fully agrees with their former selves, and perhaps this is an important quality to keep alive.  It is not a contempt, but a love for one's evolution--even if it looks like things are going backwards--that allows it to be framed this way.  I use the example of retrograde motion constantly; click the words linked before the semi-colon for a clearer picture of how an experience of one part of being feels according to my thinking.

I have a lot of work to do on some important cycles, the other one's are taking care of themselves, as I presume the one's which require work will too work themselves out.  The real benefit is knowing that not only is that true, but that also these cycles which need work will use the individual (or society or culture or history, etc. etc.) that their cycles pertain to.  They are fully at the mercy of who is caught in their wave, their undercurrent and their luscious curls.  We are as much agency as the cycles themselves--to keep them enjoined is the--in part--the 'Madness,' I'm always going on about.  No split between power and knowledge, combined agency with what we customarily call 'circumstance,' and a scrutiny of the dusty old words which carry fluid definitions.

I've left a lot uncompleted in life, I am compelled to leave more uncompleted because I am under the belief that my desires are being outstripped by my age--this is, I think, the thinking that leads to lives of regret. We are the ones who write history now, and we have even less to lose than our forefathers in many senses.  The world of cynicism requires our response in boldness.

"Strike with chaos." 
                             -Sun Tzu

Madness is coming; you know that right? You can't even imagine how much has built up by now; you'll listen, or have listened, to some of it cracking in above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment