Thursday, May 24, 2012

Save and Continue

You see the thing is, lately--I've been kind of out of it. I am cloudy and tired. I've run myself so far that I'm actually not only not producing, but actively not producing; that is to say that I'll hold my books while I have a conversation about other things, or I'll be watching a movie while I read.  In the attempt to take a break, I've found myself unable to.  It seems the secret is to work relentlessly. To make this the destination itself.  It's like Stockholm syndrome for one's self.

I know what comes next, the six to nine--the cycle itself is in the upper quadrant--also depends on the angle with which we view the cycle.

Enough.

I came here because it is beginning to function in the way I require--the blog is beginning to create a feedback loop and become wholly my own.  It is interesting that it's taken nearly two years to really feel wholly at home here.  Some people tell me they read it--people I don't even know have told me this.  It is what always startles me--it's like my privates, get to share with their privates--and so the internet becomes one of the closest things to us in our generation.  For those of us who use it.  The fact that the American south refers to searching online as "Googling it," quite similar to the fashion in which they call nearly all colas "Cokes" is one way that we can look back on how entrenched in our lives this creation of Al Gore came to be.  As an aside, it must be noted that Gore stole the plans with which he created the internet from George W. Bush.  Further, whereas different sections of the US call the same sweet sweetish chemical liquid things like soda, pop, cola, Dr. Pepper, and Coke, all the sections predominately call use Google as a verb.

Isn't it amazing--George W. Bush was our President once.  Being an American is a pretty cool time right now, there is a change that has to come, it has to be us that brings it--our hubris would have it no other way! Let's do it as a planet this time though.  In fact I can think of changes that not only would bring help to the world, but also help reorient our identities.  The latter is crucial, because a lack of cohesive and certainly collective positive identity, leaves us a collectively diluted force of humanity...perhaps nature intends this pruning process of growth and decline. I digress.

I think we could all work for 'change' tirelessly and it would yet seem like we haven't done enough; which brings us back to the idea that the work itself becomes the vacation.

Andrea and I, my lady--lovely long suffering woman that is convinced she loves me (another kind of Stockholm syndrome perhaps?)--we move in sync, only no one knows the music we're listening to, and even we listen close to hear it's beat.  It's a neat way to get closer to God.  In the Church we have three vocations, the Religious life: like Deacons, Monks, Priests, Shaamans, etc. the Single life: I can't think of any but my mom right now--maybe St. Monica, perhaps my Aunt Marion after the death of her spouses physical presence; and the Married life--the latter, so common, and yet I often wonder if anyone remembers how amazing marriages are supposed to be.

"Let's just jump right in!"

Myself coming from some split up families, perhaps I began thinking of marriage in idealistic terms, and then later my anger gave way to my religious reasonings--however what is truly amazing, are the marriages that make it after the inevitable trauma.  A life so long together can simply not exist without different stages. My friend this evening said it in passing, but only because he's already passed by considerably more stages.  

This is behind and beside the idea that the work is the vacation.

Love is the key that unlocks everything. In acting, one looks for the love in every scene. The more complex or simple the love can be found, the affect on the character being portrayed is foundationally different.

I must act you know.  I have no option in this matter. My life will feel incomplete near the end if I don't act in my relative youth--relative by at least four decades.  I want to look back on that life, or still be living it in a new way.  The way the media is can't last, the world may shift before that--and if not, then the evolution will simply make the cycles faster.  Artists will begin working like corporations; it's blatant to see now for the widely known ones.  The part which will begin happening even more is they will begin matching up and setting the tone--the same way big oil gets together and helps set the tone, similarly you can see people like Jay-Z and Kanye West getting together to set a definite tone in rap.  They may sound East Coast and Mid-West blended--but their business ethics are world-wide.

What's terrific is that I do know, finally, what I suppose I have known subconsciously all along--I need a partner.  I real mate.  This is not Andrea, this is a male. My friend James and perhaps Adam have come very close to this--however we've not spent sufficient time yet to test this; it may have to turn into a Damon/Affleck over the fax machine kind of thing.  James already has this with another friend of his, but what we have is unique enough to co-exist.

Carnegie had his Scott, Jobs had his Wozniak, Dre had his Snoop, Jay had his Kanye--and these names flowed in both directions, I just put the primary ones to be remembered first.  Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, Seinfeld and Larry David.

So I wanted to write about the Irony Singularity.  We're coming to an amazing age in the internet.  All of us need to remember this because we'll look back on it like the wild west and tell stories about how easy it was to find anything and get on anywhere and how fast, etc. etc. The rich one's of us will continue as normal, our numbers will simply decrease till there is a new cycle and this is assuming the world doesn't blow itself up first (we do have some good ones).

This brings me to Kuhn, and the Structure of Scientific Revolutions and Freud's skepticism of the Kantian knowledge that Descarte's 'self' imposes on our collective psyche that Jung wants us to tap into.

See, I was stuck, and now I can go do my homework. Except that now I'm really too tired--however I am uncorked somewhat.  Speaking of uncorked, I received a great phone call the other day, and consequently, I will be playing a Greek God between classes on Saturday; further more, it's a role I've played before.  I'm glad that it's at my school--however it does give me a chance again to find the love in the scenes.  Like the final exchanges between Dionysus and Pentheus where I lead him to spy on the Bacchic chorus and say, "The mind you had before was sickly; now your mind is as it should be." What do I love in leading him, in securing him confidently towards a horrific doom (so horrific I wonder if Euripides does this as a comedy) --Where is the love "when bull led man to the ritual slaughter-ring."? Is it for myself? for my mother? for my reputation? These answers are crucial--and so too with all of life. Where is the love, and then work from that foundation.

So in relationships, as we were discussing before, and the way that work becomes the vacation, as we discussed even prior to that, love, is loving the act of loving actively.  It's another kind of singularity. It's inelegant and convoluted--but it's also 3:40 am--forty into the witching hour. Loving all stages of relationship is work, yet in doing so--when considering that it is wise to view work as the vacation (the Stockholm syndrome to the self) then loving to love actively becomes the most enriching experience--that vocational marriage that brings you closer to God. The act of enjoying the suffering at all the different levels of intimacy as two heated hearts burn ever closer to one another's center.

Quench the thirst and stay hungry.

Ah welcome, you've made it this far, quite a trek it's been with this voluminous article, si? I'll give you a brand new aphorism from my book for your time invested here; it's one of the most choice of my many mountain tops.  If you come a little further near the end of this article, you'll see here are the clouds, and let us go a little beyond, where the sun has nothing to hide behind anymore--there, in the sky, behind the Giant's tree, do you see the Madman who laughs at Everything? He's laughing out words, simply, slowly and to everything including himself.  As if the words have the agency and his laughter is their tool; the words using his voice, and his body; setting him among the mass that burns for the sun's fiery embrace, repeating, "Violence, is dominoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment