Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Record for Life Lived



I'm thrilled to introduce you to the second of a three album arc -

On October 30th, 2012, at 9:30, I'll be playing at Canal Street Tavern to commemorate my 'Roaring Twenties' and look ahead to the fourth decade of my time here (to commence mere hours later on October 31st). ROSEBUSH & THE PURSUIT OF DREAMS will be available, with digital release scheduled for Q1 2013. If you can make it, I hope to see you there, I'll be playing for a potent 30 minutes. I'd be honored to entertain you, sharing some new and old songs with you. 

For those interested further, here's a quick story about this album: 

Throughout 2011 - from March, through November, I woke up at 5 AM and drove to Nashville, TN. I would arrive around 10 AM Nashville time, and begin recording nearly right away. We would go relentlessly, with few breaks, till 8 PM when I would get a copy of our work that day, and listen to it repeatedly on the way back to Ohio at around 1 AM.

We only had the honor of playing this circus out five or six different days throughout the year--but those days were deeply lived, and all the juice from the always over-ripe fruit of life was relieved through our thorough mastication of time. This album is a record of those days, and the songs on it point to days before, during, and after its studio capture; it's about a three year effort, and we think you'll really enjoy it. Hope to see you at Canal Street Tavern in Dayton, Ohio, on October 30th at 9:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment