Monday, December 6, 2010

Mind Blowing


I don't like gore, I hate gore frankly - despise it. I cannot in fact say enough to express my utter distaste for it. I hate evil, I hate suffering. These are the things that make my day to day life difficult to understand. Why am I so lucky when so-and-so is dying at the hands of a cog in the wheel of capitalism? Why am I allowed to fall in love while another becomes a slave to prostitution? So on and so on.

That being said, I was quite leery of watching a show where blood is used in the marketing. As the year has progressed however, I've become more and more accustomed to a habit which started about a year ago - taking advice; and let me say more accurately, taking advice from people whose advice I trust.

But this pitch is going on too long, and isn't even that compelling frankly - my purpose is to gain your trust - and thereafter hope you will give season one of Dexter a chance. I cannot guarantee your satisfaction, but I can express my own. It's remarkable television. Some could say groundbreaking, though I don't feel comfortable giving it too many artistic titles and strokes; it's simply entertaining and really well written. Specifically Season One.

Go on, git.

"I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message like, "Hey, wanna play?" and yes, I want to play. I really, really do."

- Dexter Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment