Thursday, January 20, 2011

Into Dark Memory

Weekly Video!

This is awesome in HD.
pan-handling for support, tell your friends.
So fresh!

This is a pretty tough song to sing. Technically, but I'm not that technical I don't think; in any event, the way I sing songs, or keep them alive, or rather they live is to be lived. This is what I think. I place myself emotionally where I need to be to sing the song, that' s the tough stuff. To remember the challenging emotions which impelled a lot of my songs.

I don't write songs about people because people take them personally, I use the environment around me to express an emotion. I hope to do it so that it may be used universally and timelessly (which is why most songs are emotion based, also that's easiest and most natural for my personality) while keeping the personal meaning esoteric.

This song is fun to sing, it's real challenging at times, but it's a perfect little package for me. It makes me want to wail, and simultaneously requires me to wail.

Hope you enjoy it. I'll have lyrics up again soon for it.
This was recorded at Canal Street a few nights ago (along with this video). There are now six you can watch if you're interested.

Hoping I add to your soundtrack,

Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment