Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Ode to Lily Potter



Lily, oh Lily Potter whose patronus was a beautiful stag / loved her but I never kissed her she's the best friend I ever did have/ now all I can do is watch o'er the one she loved cause no one can know, how deep my love does go/ for Lily, oh Lily Potter the best friend I ever did have.

Lily, oh Lily Potter met her when I was young/ had some real magic in her didn't know where it came from/ told her about a world where witches and wizards were/ and I was delighted to hear that I'd be going to school with her/ Lily, oh Lily Potter whose patronus was a beautiful stag.

But as time wore on, oh we grew apart/ didn't like my growing interest in the dark arts/ so I asked her Lily, oh Lily whose it gonna be and to this day I wish she'd chosen me/ cause Lily, oh Lily Potter was the best friend I ever did have.

Lily, oh Lily Potter was married to a man named James/ gave birth to a beautiful boy had her green eyes on his face/ and I been hard on him for the better part of my days/ had to wait till the end to tell him I'd love him always/ cause Lily, oh Lily Potter was the best friend I ever did have.

-Karan Singh & The Freshwater
www.Facebook.com/TheFreshwaterMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment