Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I lay down my arms

To the constant badger of time, "My God"
Well, it's Lent. So that's awesome.

Sometimes I want to go dip into the pool of reminiscing. I don't always mean to go there, but sometimes, as I look around through the thickets in the forest, I end up at being let out into a clearing where the cool pond of memories remains still and inviting.

Before I know it I'm disrobed, and creating unintentional ripples with my toe - a moment later I hear the 'woosh' of water quickly engulfing my head and the echo's of conversations once had.

I get out, completely soaked, and the air in the forest seems cooler, almost too cold sometimes; other times, the sun warms me just right as I lay down to dry off.

Other times I have to come here, to my writing, and ring out my wet hair and shake off the droplets holding on. I come back to the fresh scents of oak and vegetation.

That's one thing about moving about so much, you meet a lot of people, you have a lot of really wonderful experiences, and you gain an ocean which though often threatens to drown you - at other times keeps you refreshed. I guess it does what you allow it to - like any water - either refresh and sustain, or destroy and drown. Memories must have some eternal importance, but I don't think I really know about these things.

God bless the Japanese too.
PS. There is, right now, a Facebook meme about how this is Japan's karmic payback for Pearl Harbor. Seriously. I'm sure there is some karmic payback for thinking that way as well. You can donate to the relief efforts on RedCross.org

What a year so far hmm.

Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment