Friday, April 22, 2011

---

He brings about my envy
My envy brings with her
My distaste - her love child,
Hateful of his own gain.
They froth together
and corrode my wisdom;
my inexperience is exposed.

Helplessness comes like a vulture
To feast on my exposed inexperience
My soft underbelly
Torn open by the sharp beak
My tears spill as entrails do
Where helplessness feasts, tearing
And ripping on soft inexperience.

What is the slave? How can my stomach
Be sewn up? My wisdom
Re-covering my inexperience? The hilt
Of my sword under my breastplate,
My armor, my wisdom, is also a weapon.
My sword is foresight, that the eyes which see
Are too fated to become dust.
This mind which thinks, to become soil.

It is not enough comfort!
Who is that? Who cries weakness
So boldly in my ear?

No comments:

Post a Comment