Thursday, April 7, 2011

I've finally

blogged long enough to have some record.
I think what will be of this when the world ends?
How will future civilizations see what our time of expanse and growth in culture and habit afforded us? Will hard drives always be read? Google's servers stand forever tall?
That's what's so neat about the level of time I put into my work here - it's fleeting, and is seemingly more fleeting than the countless (actually 27) journals I've kept over more than the last decade.
It's an interesting place of expression too. Often an organic growth, sometimes a regurgitation of something I've seen. That being said we may also use another quote in my safety net of quotes (what catches me as I let go of my trapeze and sink through the air with my thoughts) - "Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy" - Phalniuk
He also said it another way, "We are all a 100 generations away from an original thought" -- of course the more classical version of the same truth is Newton's eternally standing quote - "I stand on the shoulders of Giants"

The way i write here differs some from my text, it's faster, more careless - though careless in a different way - a unique way, something recreating away from a keyboard does not have.
I also think it's a neat way to express thoughts because you can choose videos and other visuals to aide your expression. It's a very unique form of expression, this 'blogging'

And a lot of time has gone in over the last 'night' (my sun rises see!)

It is a great repository for me to speedily access the information I desire shared at the time. Like my Rumi poems, or the thoughts I had near the end of 2009.

Sometimes I want to record this record - print and save - kill trees that I may have a tangible memory to pass my children and great grand children and great great grandchildren. Maybe I'll write something which will emerge important in 1000 years? Like the Greeks? Or like the library of Alexandria, will I be burned in another's war? My wisdom hidden? Is it wiser to plant a peach tree and tend it for my offspring and their offspring to learn to care for the earth and have good fruit? Do the servers take more energy from the planet that paper? The last question I believe will be quantified - or has been.

I sometimes look at everything - everything - and see it as particles shifting out of time - turning to sand and dust - I see the eyes I see with becoming grains and decomposing.

Everything makes sense then.

Here's a post only a blog can bring easily.
From back when, when there were stars, and I was a moon and a planet.
Click here my fellow passers by

With love,
The rising Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment