Monday, March 1, 2010

Bob Dylan Revisited

13 Graphic interpretations of Bob Dylan Songs.


Bob Dylan: Revisited

"A Hard Rains-A-Gonna Fall"



"I seen a new born baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a Highway of diamonds with nobody on it"

"Blowin' in the Wind"



"The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind"

"Hurricane"


"Here comes the story of the Hurricane"

There are also interpretations of "Desolation Row" "Blind Willie McTell" "Lay Lady Lay" (a very short interpretation) "Girl From the North Country" (could've cried looking at it but was in bookstore so flipped page) "I Want You" and others. These are the ones that I remember on my quick run through (didn't have time to sit and soak in it). Each song I can see in my mind and was a little experience as the jukebox of my brain sang the words I was reading. Then too I would sometimes try to read it as words and not hear the song - that was a cool little experience too.

The work can't quite attain the imagery Bobby's words evoke (if you are a person so inclined I guess) but it's a neat little thing to at least go look through. It would have to be more of a gift for me (at $25) but a gift I would totally totally dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment