Monday, March 15, 2010

Just about anything in the world for you


These two videos show the way he can be so forceful or so brittle - but firm. The second song (Hey me, Hey Mama) only hints at it. There is a much greater force, a tidal wave and volcano in this man's chest that other songs by him bring out especially live (go look - Henry Nearly Killed me is a good starting point). Other times it swells within the song like an ocean wave raising a boat and rolling over like a roller coaster. It's good is what I'm saying; powerful - and I could talk about it for a very long time.

I was told I looked and sounded like him at a show, my jean shirt and beard, wrestling out my demons into a mic - my leg does this shaky thing that was also pointed out to me now. But then the next week these strangers see a shaved face, don't recognize me (neither do I) and I'm wearing an undone bow-tie. And good and better this way, Ray should have exclusive rights over himself.

It's a funny thing this time time time.

No comments:

Post a Comment