Monday, March 1, 2010

Poetry began making sense to me

I've held this poem for sometime, and I mean that; I held it carefully and let it gaze into my eyes. I held the back of its head and breathed it into myself and allowed it breathe myself into it. I held it and knew one day we would have to expose our private love. Somehow today I guess it decided it wanted to take our relationship public; now we hold hands, now we walk side by side.

I want you to know one thing/You know how this is/ If I look at the crystal moon/ At the red branch of the slow autumn at my window/ If I touch near the fire the impalpable ash/ Or the wrinkled body of the log/ Everything carries me to you/ As if everything that exists - aromas, light, metals/ Were little boats that sail toward those isles of yours that wait for me/ Well, now/ If little by little you stop loving me/ I shall stop loving you little by little/ If suddenly/ You forget me/ Do not look for me/ For I shall already have forgotten you/ If you think it long and mad, the wind of banners, that passes through my life/ And you decide/ To leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots/ Remember/ That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms/ And my roots will set off to seek another land/ But, if each day, each hour, you feel that you are destined for me/ With implacable sweetness/ If each day a flower climbs up to your lips to seek me/ Ahh my love, ahh my own, in me all that fire is repeated/ In me nothing is extinguished or forgotten/ My love feeds on your love, beloved/ And as long as you live, it will be in your arms without leaving mine

No comments:

Post a Comment