Thursday, March 11, 2010

Out of sight, and mind, and body.



In one part rising, another part lays dead.
Am I a dead man speaking?
Or a living man, speaking of life once seen in the corpse he now sees?

My prayer is, and is from, and is for my love - and my love, is my lover.

You don't know what I mean? It does not matter,
If you do not know, then you will begin understanding - this much I am told I may promise.

Come, take me out of myself, again and again, let me forget myself in all good manner, in all bad manner; bring me to the blessed quiet of God.

---

A splinter, a thorn, an ice pick, an axe.
You are dynamite for my setting sun, and fabric for my nakedness.

Logic Logic Logic! Blah! To hell with logic; is it not said that, "The heart has it's reasons which reason cannot know?" - Pascal

Is it not said that, "A mind all logic is like a knief all blade?" - Tagore

Imagine a windshield impacted by a rock - spider-web!
Do you see what you're reading now?

---

Why are your eyes closed? Oh I see, you must think they are open.
Do you think my eyes see?
Is it not said, "Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye?" - Jesus

What I see I cannot name, so what use are these eyes bringing me?
Who speaks like this?
One who must name everything.
But we cannot live as Adam - as we live in Christ.

Is it not said that "God's first language is silence?" - Keating
Then what must I name? Nothing Nothing Nothing!
My mouths beauty says more than beautiful words.

---

Do you know how I mean?
That our eyes will see nothing more beautiful than their looking?
That a beam in one, splinters the other?
Even out of sight, and mind, and body -

Can't you see?
Oh, I see, you must think our eyes are already open.

No comments:

Post a Comment