Thursday, July 1, 2010

For my own freedom, from my own prison

When you moved from the mouth of the cave which was a hole in my heart, you revealed a mirror hidden inside. I crawled inside to look deeper at the reflection and became imprisoned; captured by an unwillingness to accept the reflection – that the Ghost isn’t you, that the Ghost is me.

I am not looking for you when I look always and everywhere short hair flips; I am looking for how I felt searching for you. I am not writing you poems of love when I write love poems to you; I am writing myself for permission to feel that way again.

The freedom to feel the intensity of a kiss, of comfort in a lover's eyes, of appreciation beyond pious thankfulness, the joy in being desired.

To dream, and imagine it a possible reality.

I hope I can see you one day; I have been staring at a reflection of myself very long.


-The Madman Laughs at Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment