Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swimming

I've not been impelled to write a new song in almost a month - this is very awkward territory for me as over the last few months I've written at least four songs a month (thirty-three over seven months in total out of which ten are pretty good and will probably make up my next album).

So, to not lose the ability to sing and play, I've decided to go back over the 475ish songs I have (250+ recorded) and redo some of them. It's a fun jaunt through my history.

Here is a small part of a set of lyrics to a song called 'Lost at Sea Again' I wrote when I was 23 or 24 years old.

"Don't know what love is but I'm gonna pine/can't let her go she's still lost inside my mind/trouble found a way, a way to explode/ the dynamite my past can't hold anymore// I'm lost at sea again, I'm lost at sea again, I'm lost at sea again.

Commodify my concupiscent desire/ just another cold day, why am I on fire?/ A rustle in the trees, the winds of change unceasing/ I look at the stars, I cannot tell if I'm breathing// I'm lost at sea again, I'm lost at sea again, I'm lost at sea again."

I think I might redo this song, add a bridge, change the melody, etc.
Look for more old lyrics coming up in the following weeks. I might even remake 10 songs (make them actual songs versus attempts at songs which I used to call songs). There is good meat, just has to be cooked.

Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment