Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weapons of War. Symptoms of Madness.

On the drive back from University to work, the disc changer hit up disc three. Ray just starts singing into my heart, pouring the weight of his emotionality into mine through a heavy voice. I love him, thanks.

If you're some sad person that still doesn't know Ray Lamontagne, you should probably just start anywhere - maybe the video below? And you won't know you're sad till after you're into Lamontagne, then you'll know how sad it is that you didn't have Ray playing you out of your mothers womb. Thereafter you can sink into the thick ocean of his artful talent and precise heart. I'm sure he would think of it very differently, but that's the joy in being a fan...we can think insanely.

I finished all my school work early so before work i was able to swing by my house and just wail singing songs and aggravating the strings on my older instrument (with thicker strings that need changed so their a bit muddy). It felt like heaven. This coming off of realizing that my six hours of working at home paid off in class today (test Monday! yikes & yay!). And ushering in some new structure built on the foundation of what I have so far - I mean this concerning my confidence in ability to sing, play, perform, execute, conceive, and birth music and lyrics. It hasn't felt that good in a while (hence the jaunt through old songs which you've seen if you follow this blog).

This video must absolutely be watched until the very very end, till it itself decides it's over. There is this flash of a moment right before it cuts off that is just perfect. The song itself is clearly terrific (come on, what'd you expect?), and it's an older song so needs no introduction, and the mini-interview before hand is something (if you keep up on RL) that you've seen, but it's nice to hear him breathe anyways.

Till later mes ami! Hope you have a great day.

Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment