Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh Friedrich, ya kook


"Mine impatient love floweth over in streams, down towards the sunrise and the sunset. From out silent mountains and tempests of affliction, rusheth my soul into the valleys.

Too long have I yearned and scanned far horizon. Too long hath the shroud of solitude been upon me: thus have I lost the habit of silence.

A tongue have I become and little else besides, and the brawling of a brook, falling from lofty rocks: downward into the dale will I pour my words.

And let the torrent of my love dash into all blocked highways. How could a torrent help but find its way to the sea!

Verily, a lake lies within me, complacent and alone; but the torrent of my love draws this along with it, down – into the ocean!

New highways I tread, new worlds come unto me; like all creators I have grown weary of old tongues. No longer will my spirit walk on worn-out soles.

Too slow footed is all speech for me: - Into thy chariot, O storm, do I leap! And even thee will I scourge with my devilry.

Thus spake Zarathustra."


-Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment