Friday, August 13, 2010

Different Terms. Similar Equations.


I am pleased with how my math class is going. I have enjoyed getting back into the rhythm of a structured school setting where grades and class room dynamics become things to consider. Luckily, due to personal positioning in life - whether it be latent or active - I am much better able to focus on the purpose of my time there. Further, I am able to enjoy not only my studies, but to see them as an opportunity to know more things. Things which without the structure of university, I would appreciate and dream of, but never actually take the time to learn. Like deconstruction and construction of polynomials. It's a simple thing, but it's fun, but without college I do not assume I would be interested enough to actually seek it out.

During the sporadic visits to college during the ten years following my high school diploma I would reach out and learn things. For instance I began learning French on my own just last year and that will come in handy because I have to take six college classes of French for my degree. I learned a lot about the histories and philosophy and was blessed to have a pretty clear groove etched out to link the story of the worlds thoughts together. Theology was an important lesson. A lot of these lessons were learned from the books that my close friends were reading in college. So I'd borrow them when their class was done, or go buy a copy if their class was discussing it. A school of Athens feel came to my coffee shop meetings. To tie it back, the first few classes in my condensed math class which covers about five units a day versus spending a day or two days on one unit were a jumble of thoughts; clarified only by using philosophical arguments and rules of logic as my lens to view the elementary algebra we were covering.

I don't want to write anymore right now.
Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment