Monday, August 9, 2010

Hear me

"First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak."

- Epictetus

Very shortly, let me say, this quote concerns me when being told I am loved. In most cases, this is a lie because both parties define it differently. Also, love is a verb so being loving and being in love are the same thing - a slave to service, paid in joy like a king.

This also goes for when people like to discuss the various problems with God and religion; further when they argue for their 'spirituality' apart from organization - not paying attention to the fact that they are proposing an organized thought as a tenant of "why no religion, why no God, etc.". In those cases by the way, I appreciate those who don't even try. I guess lukewarm is revolting; this stands even when I act thusly.

That's about it. We must start being honest.

Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment