Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Musician, the Dancer, and the Saint


Think about it, a record is really a record! A record of a period of time -one which we can give our children, share with friends, and have for a reminder of somethings in old age.

An album of work, recording different emotions and ideas and sounds and voices; "Back when I had more hair and it was black!" says the future. I think my grandkids especially, will get a kick out of listening to Grandpa yellin; I know i love it when I hear my Grandpa singing. I hope it encourages them to find their own roars - as an artist I hope this in a variation en masse as well of course.

It is the quickest way to see the inside portions of my heart, and hopefully even one's own; for no matter how much it may seem that I have my heart on my sleeve - some piece of it (even unknowingly) - is hidden in my pocket; its singing and sounds are recorded here, in the wails and moans and whispers of 'Last Year's Ghosts'.

To listen to some of the songs, and even a home recording of a new song, click here -

  • The album will be for sale within 15 days
  • iTunes within a month
  • Lyric sheet included
  • Original Artwork included
  • Listen for it on WYSO 91.3 in Dayton/Yellow-springs (they are online too)
  • There will be an interview with some of these songs, and new songs, performed live and played off the record on WYSO's Excursions: Wednesday Oct 20th at 8:00 PM.

Got 35 songs ready to do another album! Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment