Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just finished writing this


Tough day. So I took a lunch break. Maybe it's the absence of a lot of school work, or the over extended patience with myself trying to quit smoking for the umpteenth time. Whatever it is, i can say two things, I've not been so dissonant in a while, so it's fun; fun particularly to watch myself react and respond to it. My response time is not only improving, but my response is improving, my reaction is less - or feels less, and I think I have a good gauge judging by my immediate surroundings. Regardless, the point is the second thing I can mention - I wrote a song, fast, really fast, and I like it and I have no idea where it comes from. I birthed something is all, but the conception and gestation went by before I realized what was happening.

This hasn't happened for sometime, but man, it feels good. It's not one of my best songs, but it's a nice song, and it's not (in my opinion) as good as the other one I am working on whose title is yet unknown to me but whose first (maybe second!) verse/verses are done - and it's on par with the other other one - that one I might abandon to put my fire into this new son and daughter.

I'm listening to it now as I type. I dig the lyrics a lot. The melody is nice, I'm going to have to work on the guitar's swell and fall - it's flow could simply be better, though it's not bad now at all. Keep in mind I am on the precipice of a solid summer cold, and even then it's pretty nice. This has probably been the one thing besides my love story that has kept me in any kind of hopeful mood about my existence today.

Tell me what you think of these lyrics @ www.facebook.com/thefreshwater - - just send me a message.

We'll tentatively call it "Pretend like you know"
------------

Don't pretend like you're okay, i know it's hard to go on feeling this way/ It doesn't have to be alright, i'm two steps ahead giving up my good fight.

So go on, pretend like you know, you're always pretty when you're lying// Go on sweet girl I know you gotta go, cause you're the only one still smiling

There's no moment right now, the future ahead is just your head headin' out/ The past is what the present sees, the present is a moment you can never perceive

So go on, pretend like you know, you're always pretty when you're lying// Go on sweet girl I know you gotta go, cause you're the only one still smiling

[instrumental/Bridge] - Go on, I said go on, You're always pretty when you're lying, Go on sweet girl, cause you're the only one still smiling

Cannot tell you how I've been, your words aren't defined like mine/ Listen now, try and understand/ I pray your one man army doesn't work this time

So go on, like you know, you're only pretty when you're lying// Go on sweet girl I know you gotta go, cause you're the only one left smiling

2 comments:

  1. I say.. I think you have something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - so glad to see you here. Coffee sooner than 1 more lifetime yeah? we're actually lucky by knowing a full schedule so well.

    anyways.
    it should be processed by now, I put the song up very temporarily so I could share it with you and some others. If you listen close, in the bridge, you can hear me cough :) Buuuuut, it's great cause if you do listen you'll know what a song sounds like as a just-done demo and then when this new album is out you'll have a sense of it's progression. And that excites me. Hope you enjoy the other tracks from Nashville which are done with much help and far better equipment!

    www.myspace.com/thefreshwater

    ReplyDelete