Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Boy and Man and Daddy; the Camel, the Lion, and the Child.

Eight years ago I tried defining a man; I came up with the following -
"Man is: A big boy"


Today I define a man by defining an adult, thus also defining a woman vs. a girl -
"Adult: A person who parents themselves"

This personal parenting should encompass all the tasks that parents are responsible for; from health and security, to protection and education, to the eternally important heart! with all its millions of implications.


Since about 16 I've been concerned with being fiscally prepared for a family, and especially for my children; to that end I've often worked with my future children's future in mind - and of course my wife, who will get anything she damn well pleases if I can help it.

But three days ago something remarkable happened.
Something snapped. Something good.


I began preparing myself psychologically to be a father.


One begins by parenting the child within them. We know exactly where he or she needs help, that's our first step to making sure our children have the best of us - by first giving ourselves, the best of us - the love and protection of the adult in us.

May we reach lofty heights on the mountain of informed love before our offsprings incarnate. May we know this as commandment and blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment