Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Half a day in the life - Bears, Beets, and Battlestar Gallactica

When I woke up this morning, I threw on a shirt and was on my way to attend to reading and having a cigarette as I've grown accustomed to. Before walking downstairs to go about my business, I caught a glimpse of myself in the washroom mirror and went in for a further peek - like, what's this guy look like? I looked at myself as someone else, watching my body (I hear this happens in age but what do I know). I just kind of looked at myself with a pleasant curiosity if that makes any sense . No thought or judgment or anything really, just something my eyes were taking in.

After about a second, my consciousness kicked back in and I was laughing - or chuckling at myself - I am really funny to me man. I bet if you have, or will experience this you'll get what I'm saying - it's not something I can really describe (thank God!) but it's a cool feeling. Just like if you get to know someone really well and see the various conditions they are in, it's just such a pleasant feeling, I don't know, it doesn't matter, its just neat.

I was also thinking of my article for the day and want to make sure you all have time to read Part one of the 'ego' blog (from yesterday if you've not read it yet) so that Part two would come in good timing. So I thought, why not let you see what I'm talking about -It's pretty funny, I am a weird character, like normal is weird you know? I like it, and now you can see a bit what I'm talking about here :)



Look how funny my bed head is. This picture has made me laugh all day! Like even the sheets are telling me to be a thick accented I.T. guy! Ha!

Then after I was finished reading and smoking I again caught a glimpse of myself walking in - the fact that this guy basically just woke up (like 10 minutes ago) and already looked like this was, and is, funny to me - like I don't know you know, like affection for a kid that just got out of a crib with his hair all whacked and his eyes all crazy - maybe that makes better sense?

I'm pondering super important stuff because I'm super important. Where would Liz Lemon keep her trees? No I'm kidding, I was thinking of nothing.

It's like an indian lumberjack, it just makes no sense, i just love it, it just makes absolutely no sense to me. Like in the movie Fight Club - " If you wake up in a different time, at a different place - can you wake up as a different person?"

But then, I gotta go to work and interview a man - I bet he looked funny in his morning too. So then "I" watched "me" change my clothes; my hope is that you'll see the "I" and the difference in the perception of the "me" - how the "me" doesn't even really factor in cause it changes all the time, even to the point of its image changing all the time. It's funny, can't you see the same person? The eyes play tricks if you see the "me" - but if you see the "I" - it's very pleasant to see - and it works that way for any, and everyone you ever ever encounter. The focus on the "I" helps to experience the person apart from your "me's" influence- continually fresh in the moment; dying and being born anew every moment. It's actually where love flows very naturally from (like if you tap into it you'll automatically tap into the part of you that experiences love, guar-an-teed)

Here's what "I" saw watching "me" at work

And here is what "me" does all day - kinda; I mean this particular picture is just a mimed laugh - but you know, you can imagine right? Looks so funny hmm?

Well, maybe you can't see it yet - but it's funny, I promise. The "I" just has nothing at all to do with the "me"!

And here, I thought maybe this would help translate what I was feeling. See that picture in the background on my desk in the above picture? Well its a joke and a focus on parenthood for me. It's me as a baby on the phone (if you can't read the caption in the above photograph) - like I'm a little baby.

Look at the "me" way back then; all little. The "I" has never changed - but the "me" was even physically tiny once - with a really sexy hair-part in my overly oiled baby locks.

I'm pretty sure that I was thinking about Bears, and Beets, and Battlestar Gallactica; like 99% sure...

Talk to you cats tomorrow dude. Christmas is close and I gotta a lotta wrapping to do! Hope you enjoyed this "Half a day in the life" of the "I" watching the "me". Check the 'ego' article out! "The Moon, fish, and water: Our ego's battle with reality (Part One)" - see you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment