Friday, December 4, 2009

Hov

"I never asked for nothin I don't demand of myself
Honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth
Death before dishonor and I tell you what else
I tighten my belt 'fore I beg for help
Foolish pride is what held me together through the years
I wasn't felt which is why I ain't never played myself
I just play the hand I'm dealt,
I can't say I've never knelt
before God and asked for better cards at times to no avail
But I never sat back feelin sorry for myself
If you don't give me heaven I'll raise hell
('Til it's heaven) "




In most interviews, when you hear the way Jay-Z's mind works, he's concerned about the overall culture of hip-hop; and even if you're not into hip-hop, the fact that his focus is the culture at large, is an important aspect lost in most thinking - and it's really important.
He's funny, in a quirky way (watch above), and he really loves his wife - and his relationship with his wife. Which is every man's dream.
He's pretty awesome; i'll write more on him as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment