Sunday, December 27, 2009

Man, Woman, and bow-tie

You know its okay to dress nicely and groom yourself? Really - I don't know where from came the flat out lie that it was somehow 'un-masculine' to do thus. In fact, if you are a man, anything you do authentically becomes 'manly' - same for womanhood and femininity. There is no archetype more perfect for us to strive towards than our most authentic selves. So in a philosophical discussion, if some coffee drinking philosophaster asks sublimely with a far away gaze - "What is man? What is woman?"; the authentic person may say concretely, "I am".

"I am the Great I am" (Exodus 3:14), or "I am who I am" (depending on translation) makes a lot more sense to me in this light.

- Moving on!

If you are a woman, whatever you do from your most authentic being is feminine. Shave your head, be interested in body-building, cook for your family - whatever! As long as it's your authentic Self you are woman and we shall hear your roar.

If you are a man, go ahead and wear a bow tie everyday, express yourself through fashion, cut down an oak tree with just your fingertips - whatever! As long as it's from your authentic Self - it's very manly...you stud.


The rise of the modern day Gentleman.

And I mean that, the rise of the Gentleman - around the world; at least if anything, I'm raising my boys to be thus; and/or teaching my girls to spot thus!

So with all that being said, I personally realized how much I like fashion aside from anything attached to it. I just like dressing up, I don't know why and thank God for the fact that I don't know. It just comes from my little heart. And as I look into it I seem to be on point. Like I have desired the usual and causal use of the bow tie for about two years and it took me (the 1st time) 1 hr and 15 (or 45) min to learn how to tie one. But I wasn't going to be stopped, I want my little boys to know this art too. Fashion can be a picture of the past and a reliving of it in many ways - the same, but never quite the same. The bow tie evokes the 20's gentleman to me, it reminds me of manners and of class and of good posture and a host of other things that I found swimming about my heart when I sank deeper into that part of it.


I don't want to talk about the injustice in the world right now - but know that it presses on my mind continually, like literally everything I do I think about how someone is dying of starvation - or worse yet being "saved" from that starvation and being sold as slaves. Then to think that some of those slaves make my bow tie, or my shirt, or my hat or my shoes. I can't imagine it and it's a different topic that will always take precedence till I begin truly affecting the change I wish to see in the world (like Gandhi said - he's my dude you know, we go to indian parties in the spirit world, you can't come).

So [sigh] keep that in mind I guess; nothing really takes precedence in its light.

And last but not at all least! Check this video out - I've been hunting it down for like two weeks to be able to embed it in my blog for you. Be yourself, the woman will roar, the Gentleman will rise again, and we'll all be very happy with how we look. Maybe from that happiness will flow our lack of self concern to be able to finally help others! Ah! Its sickens me, i can't talk about it, watch the video, its awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment