Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Donnie Darko Tunnel

It's humbling and awe inspiring (they go together pretty frequently for me) to think of how many lifetimes one can live during a single life.

I begin thinking of the infinite - then my finite mind just gets blown and my heart falls to awe and my mouth to silence.

It's like I'm looking at someone I know, but not as well as I remember. An old friend that seems to have changed - and one whom I wish I could have explained a few things to!


Mirrors are interesting things. Photographs are like mirrors for history - well, by that standard everything we're doing is history as every moment flies by - each one of these letters I'm typing, and you're reading, included; milliseconds, nanoseconds - you get the idea.

I wonder what I'll think of who's typing this? I already hope I question how self absorbed he was; but then I hope even further that I will think nothing of it at all, but have a heart which hears the same droning song of love that runs through the picture above, through the picture of the baby on my desk, this flannel cad below, the newly forming man writing now, and whatever he evolves into.


Its so neat, to look at yourself and see someone else, someone younger, more egotistical, more agile, starving for knowledge and thirsting after wisdom.

History is like our child I guess; makes sense if you think of the 'inner child'. Photographs of that inner child growing up. Its a marvel with today’s technology what interesting gymnastics we can experience psychologically and physiologically.

I'd hang out with him - for sure. I wonder if he'd like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment